Latest News‎ > ‎

Festive Troubles

posted 9 Dec 2011, 14:20 by Blackwater & Hawley NHW
At this time of year, sadly a lot of the calls made to the police are where there is violence and abuse happening between partners, ex-partners or family members. Domestic abuse occurs in all communities and is very distressing for all those concerned.
It is never easy to leave an abusive or controlling relationship, but no-one should have to put up with living with violence and abuse. As well as help being available for the ones on the receiving end of the abuse, there is also help for those who find they are lashing out at a loved one.
Information about local and support is available for victims, perpetrators of the abuse and children and young people living in these households through internet sources, such as, or you can access national support services such as Women’s Aid or the Men’s Advice line, details of which are listed below.
If you are worried about a neighbour you can call 0845 045 4545 / 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 if you would prefer to report concerns anonymously. In all emergency situations though please call 999 immediately.

Women’s Aid: 0808 200 247
Men’s Advice line (for male victims of domestic abuse): 0808 801 0327
Broken Rainbow (for LGBT victims of domestic abuse): 0300 9995428
Respect (help for those who are concerned about their controlling or abusive behaviour): 0808 802 4040
Local domestic abuse support group: 07810 430689