Latest News‎ > ‎

Attention dog owners - Surrey border area

posted 16 May 2012, 00:19 by Blackwater & Hawley NHW
If you have a dog and live near to the Surrey border and are likely to visit the Surrey area to walk your dog, please be aware of the following warning from Surrey Police:
Two dogs have died after they were believed to have eaten rat poison at Heathlake near Crowthorne on Friday 20 April. Pet owners have been warned to keep dogs on a lead when walking at Heathlake, while Surrey police and council staff investigate the deaths. It is understood several other dogs have also been taken ill after visiting the beauty spot. Tests carried out by the vets indicated rat poison was the cause. Indeed, subsequently four empty packets of rat poison were found around the site.
Comments